Sample book

Talk about, ask questions, or anything that is related to DreamPath Composer.

Sample book

Postby J. J. Guest » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:13 pm

Hi Stige. I followed your link from rec.arts.int.fiction. I'm thinking of using Dreampath to rework my epic choose-your-own game Escape from the Crazy Place which can be downloaded and played (TADS 2) or played online from my website http://www.jjguest.com. I'm most interested in the export to HTML option; the look of my game online is currently scrappy and inconsistent. Can I see an example of the result anywhere? Does it maintain the lovely neat look of the storyteller? And finally, image support is vital for my game. Is that something I can look forward to in the near future?

Regards,

J. J. Guest
J. J. Guest

Re: Sample book

Postby Stige » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:21 pm

Glad to hear your interest.

I'm a little biased but I think the final output of the game is pretty. You can go crazy and control the final look by changing the CSS properties. Adding image to the background or changing colors is a piece of cake.
If you can check learn about CSS here, and if you need anything specific I don't mind helping.

I made a quick book you can check here. This represents the default output and as I said can be altered to you taste.

Just notice that exporting to HTML can't support (yet) "Open Path" and "Rule Path"s with no "hide when wrong" checked like the Storyteller can. But by the look of your book it seems DreamPath supports what you need.

As for image support I can't answer you right away. I'll check image support in the coming week and update you whether I plan on adding it or not for the next version.
I feel awful suggesting it since DreamPath is all about "Don't worry about the technical stuff", but since its HTML you can always insert the images manually after exporting the book, even without me adding the feature.

Hope I have answered all your questions. If you have any other comments or suggestions for next version I'd be happy to hear them.

Regards,
Ido Flaishon
Stige
Site Admin

Re: Sample book

Postby Stige » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:34 pm

I'm working now on a small version with few improvements which will be released in couple of days, afterward I'll probably work on the image support.
Stige
Site Admin

Return to DreamPath Composer